UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

booked a holiday in jan - paid a deposit - and then a couple…

Customer Question
booked a holiday in jan...
booked a holiday in jan - paid a deposit - and then a couple fo weeks later left voicemesssages on a daily basis to change my booking with no one calling back - wrote called and emailed couple of months later i got hokd of someone - no one called me back again - had no paperwork or any correspondnece ot do with the holiday chasesd and chased finally the aldy who booke dit phoned back and i managed to get changed to a week - then i needed to change the name on the booking as friend couldnt make it so partne was coming instead - no one calle dme back left emails, voicemails etc - becuase the l;ady booking it didnt phone back i have now been told its too late to change my booking and that i missed my pay date (they didnt have the correct holiday never sent me paperwork) and ahve now lost my deposit. I want my £600 back.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/15/2010
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 8 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate

Hiya,

the starting point for matters such as this is always the contract which will set out whether you are entitled to your money back. You should also write to the company requesting the money back - thereafter if you want to advance matters then it would be by bringing an action to the court - you would do this via www.moneyclaim .gov.uk which would allow you to bring a small claims court action.

I hope that this helps

Please remember to PRESS ACCEPT

I hope that this helps. Please remember to press ACCEPT so that I can get my credit

cheers

Peter