UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

What happens if i break a 6month contract lease because of…

Customer Question
What happens if i break...
What happens if i break a 6month contract lease because of a job offer abroad?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/15/2010
Solicitor: Michael Holly, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor

Since the Landlord has not committed any kind of breach to justify you ending the contract you would have to pay for the notice period under the contract.

However given you are going abroad how the landlord would find you to sue you is another question.

I hope this helps kindly click accept so that I get credit for my answer

Best wishes

Yours sincerely

We have already informed them of us leaving and we got threatening behavoir by shouting at us and a letter saying as I quote; "We are very sorry that we were taken in by your lies and helped you. Maybe when you read the bible, ask your so called God for forgiveness, if you know what it means" and that they are giving us 24 hours to write a proposal and they willl enter the property at their convenience.They also want us to remove our dog within 24 hours.

Since you have acted openly I do not understand their reaction. I would offer them say one month's rent as a payment for short notice as a compromise. Whilst under an Assured Shorthold you should give and therefore pay 2 months notice hopefully they will accept

Yours sincerely