UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Hello, I am a night sister subject to work force change(WFC).

Customer Question
My role is sister in...
Hello, I am a night sister subject to work force change(WFC). My role is sister in charge of ED on night duty since Feb 1998. My contract is Whitley. I have worked in the health service for 35 yrs and have always been employed in the same department since 1978. WFC was never discussed, we recieved letter's without warning. I made it quite clear I did not wish to take part and had a verbal redundancy agreed. Subsequently I was suspended, investigated for fraudulent documentation and cleared. I have now been told my redundancy was not agreed I need to look for redeployment and a medical assessment as to my physical ability due to OA of knee diagnosed in 2001. I did question if I needed to seek alternative emplyment then and was told I can perform my role at my own pace. Apart from my initial episode have never been sick with this since. The occ health Dr saw me agreed I can continue my role but has since asked to come and watch me work. Do I agree to this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/15/2010
Solicitor: DR Lawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
DR Lawyer
DR Lawyer, Lawyer
Good Afternoon,

Your employer is allowed to lawfully restructure it's employees and move you to a different position provided it is fair and reasonable. They should go through a consultation before they do so. If you can still do the job inspire of your injury it would not in my view be reasonable to move you. If there were health and safety risks then in my view it would be lawful.

The fact that you had orally been offered redundancy may give rise to a claim but i suspect it was conditional or in principal. In those circumstances if they changed their mind you are not entitled to voluntary redundancy.

Regards

Dr Lawyer

I feel this is a broad reply not specific to accountability, contractual obligations, and does not answer my question. I am fully aware of the basic facts. I have not however had a professional informed reply. Thank you regretably I will not require your services