UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

i was stopped and charged with using a mobile whilst driving…

Customer Question
i was stopped and charged...
i was stopped and charged with using a mobile whilst driving i told the officer i didnt have 1 he searched the vehicle and myself and found nothing where do i stand legally
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/15/2010
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 8 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
What did the officer do after he couldn't find the mobile?
started reading me the riot act about my driving license being at my old address

Have you received any fixed penalty tickets arising from this and if so what do they say specifically?

Yes they issued me with a fixed penalty which I did not pay now I have received a diet summons

OK. You didn't tell me what it was for?

Is it for using a phone while driving?