UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I had legal representation for a personal injury claim,the…

Customer Question
I had legal representation for...
I had legal representation for a personal injury claim,the diffense admitted liability yet contested the level of complaints arisen from the accident.My representation was based upon a symptom caused by the accident and not the full nature of my complaints leading to my disability!the case was settled out of court!although undue pressure was put upon me to settle,certain information was with held from the court due to the amount of experts involved,however the evidence with held proved that my current condition was due to the accident!information was also withheld from the barrister as he didn't have all the facts!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/14/2010
Solicitor: F E Smith, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
F E Smith
F E Smith, Solicitor
When did you complain to legal services?
in november of last year by phone and again this year (jan/feb) and then upon responce to the letter recieved by my former legal representative I called again in which i sent all info to legal services, I had an initial responce from them advising me that they where requesting information in relation to the case from the party involved,but also advised me that they do not deal with cases of misrepresentation, only poor conduct and services and advised me consult a legal representative in relation to some of the matters that I had raised with the company that represented me in this case.
what do you need to know exactly!

Good evening,

Thank you for the further information I infer that you are making 2 complaints one to the solicitors firm who dealt with your case and another one to what I believe to be the law society or the solicitors regulation authority. I am confused when you refer to legal services as this would normally mean the legal services commission who administer legal aid. I wonder if you could clarify and let me know what advice you require. F E

In short given the nature of the complaints/issues raised in relation to my representation,I would like to know if I've been misrepresented given the fact that my legal representation only filed a claim based upon a symptom arisen from the accident and not the full nature of my injuries which has left me unable to return to work ( ever )and disabled.My current condition is slowly getting worse and the future looks grim as I may lose the use of my legs altogether! PLEASE PLEASE HELP in my quest!