UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Hi, I invented a nozzle to use on sealents around 5 years ago.

Customer Question
At the time i paid...
Hi, I invented a nozzle to use on sealents around 5 years ago. At the time i paid money to a company who would help me patent and market the product, i later found that this company who had appeared on a watchdog pragramme were a scam. The company had me send documents with details of my invention to them and they were sent to other companys to view. I have now found that my product has been brought to market with a pending patent.
What can i do and how can i find when this patent was applied for.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/13/2010
Solicitor: UK-Justice, Barrister replied 8 years ago
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
You can sue the company who you paid the money to for breach of contract. This can include damages for disclosure of your invention and loss of earnings as a result.

For this you would need to see a specialist Solicitor with commercial litigation. To find one close to you go to: XXXXX XXXXX click on consumers then find a Solicitor.

What about finding out about the pending patent on the nozzle that is now for sale? would my dated correspondces that include the product designs and information give me any ground the product and ownership of the product now released.

If the dispute regarding that relates to Denmark, then it may come under Danish law - which I am not an expert on - only English law. I can advice regarding breach of contract and damages against the company, but not for foreign jurisdictions.
Relist: Expert can not advise on Danish law with regards XXXXX XXXXX dispute over a patent.
Expert can not advise on Danish law with regards XXXXX XXXXX dispute over a patent
Solicitor: Fran-mod,
 replied 8 years ago
Fran-mod

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a moderator at JustAnswer.

You have asked a legal question about a country that we do not have active Experts in. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal.

You can certainly keep your question open, see if one of our experts can assist you, and determine if the answer is helpful to you before deciding whether to accept it. Or, if you prefer, we can close your question page for you and either leave the deposit, which you can apply against a future question, or process you a refund.

Best,

Fran

Moderator