UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

How do I apply for a case to be heard in the small claims court…

Customer Question
How do I apply for...
How do I apply for a case to be heard in the small claims court . I loaned a friend £1,000 pounds and she has aid some of it back but nothing for over 2 years. I had to take a loan for her and the interest mounted up. I had to take out another loan to pay the first one off.
My husband and I are both disabled pensioners and I have told my friend that we will settle for £500 She promised it would be paid up by May 2010. Iam not being petty but £500 is a lot of money, and it is not as though Susan cannot afford to pay, she has 6 horses as well as sheep, dogs, cats, rabbits, ferrets etc.
I would appreciate your help very much.
Yours truly
Mrs Shirley Annette Davis. [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/12/2010
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 8 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
How much has she paid you back?

Only 10 payments have ever been paid. simce December 2007 =£75. February 2 2008 =£60 February 2008 =£60 April 2008 =£60 June 2008 =£60 July 2008 = £60 July 2008=

£60 August 2008 =£60 October 2008 =£60 November 2008 = £50. The total £605.

This amount barely covered the interest. I don't think asking for £500 is exorbitant.

I have her promise in writing that I will be paid in full during April. I have heard nothing at all from her.

Best Wishes

XXXXX XXXXX

You can just issue against her here

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

If she hasn't paid the £500 in the time she agreed that you are entitled to claim £1000.