UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have 18 properties purchased over a 36 month period.On my…

Customer Question
I have 18 properties purchased...
I have 18 properties purchased over a 36 month period.On my residential home I have a secured loan with GE Money who have wrongly registered defaults and miss payments against me. This has caused me to cease trading due to not being able to get a mortgage. G E Money offered £100 conpensation about a year ago i did not respond. Two weeks ago once again they have sent a default letter out to me when i have not missed any of the agreed payments what are my options.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/12/2010
Solicitor: UK-Justice, Barrister replied 8 years ago
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Have they rectified your credit record?
The first time they did after a lengthy and very stressful process and I lost the two properties i was aiming to purchase. Regarding the lastest incidents of taking double payments causing my bank account to go over drawn and most recently sending a default letter I have not yet taken any action
You can issue proceedings for damages under Section 13 of the Data Protection Act. You would have to show that you have suffered distress - you can do this in the County Court if you keep the value below £5000.

However, making sure your credit file should be your primary concern, not compensation.