UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

As a victim of on going domestic abuse from my parents, my…

Customer Question
As a victim of on...
As a victim of on going domestic abuse from my parents, my daughter and I have been moved away in a hostel out of the area with the support of social services.... we are safe and happy but the problem is, A judge still awarded my parents supervised access to my daughter against social services recommendation. So far I have broken the order and will continue to do so but I urgently need to know if there are laws to prevent the abusers from gaining access or if I have a right to appeal the verdict. Also can I go to prison for breaking the order.? (the judge for the entire 18 month case was openly very unfair towards me and constantly allowed my parents to change stories and ignored the facts proving they were lying about under oath.)
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/12/2010
Solicitor: Jusleen, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Jusleen
Jusleen, Solicitor
Hi when did your case conclude? Throughout the 18 month proceedings was any contact made available to your parents.

Hi, without my paperwork i cannot give an accurate date but the last hearing we attended was in or around feb 26th 2010

Contact: The judge did try to arrange that CAFCAS do a supervised access session with both my parents and Megan but I refused completely in regard to Megan seeing my mother. (I first stopped Megan seeing them 2yrs ago give or take 2wks)

At that time I did allow my father too as I stupidly fell for his act that he wasnt involved with the things she was doing.... My social worker later told me that my father had tried to cause me serious problems with social services by snooping down my facebook page, printing off a list of my comments and reply posts and gave her a copy, his intention was to get me in trouble with social services as i was moaning about my 1st social worker lying (which is also being investigated as I gave them proff of lies) but i had done nothing illegal and they ignored the whole thing but felt i had a right to know what he was up to behing my back. At that time Megan was wrongly added to risk register but later removed when the found no evidence during investigation, dad hoped Megan would be removed from my care due to the conflict I had with social services. I saw him later that day and he was very nice to my face as usual until I confronted that i found out he was involved, I ignored his excuses to deny it and i immediately withdrew that consent with his access... He only ever saw Megan once or twice through the judge and passing a few times which was nothing to do with court. He now hasnt had contact with Megan for over a year at least.

Hi has there been any findings made against your parents about the allegations of abuse? Was there any reports from social services filed? How old is Megan and how was she during contact with your father?
Not sure about findings.? Social services know what they are like as they told me it was abuse, my health worker also knows, and a few other proffessionals do but she didn't get arrested just warned lots of times I think. Megan will b 4 on June 21st, I stopped them seing Megan around 22nd or 23rd June so will be 2yrs then. In court every proffessional has agreed that they have never heard Megan say her name therfore backing me up as my mum tried to say Megan knows who she is. Megan does not want to see them, she doesn't know who my mum is to look at but I told her everything they've done so she doesn't want to see them and calls them bad, she knows to ring police if they ever try anything with her but naturally she's not really in that position at her age yet. Megans dad doesn't agree with contact as he knows the story but again the jugde refused to consider his feelings like my own