UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

If I am from a eu country and I want to marry an ecuadorian…

Customer Question
If I am from a...
If I am from a eu country and I want to marry an ecuadorian who does't have a status( we both live in uk) what are my chances?( we are together for 3 years)
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/11/2010
Solicitor: DR Lawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
DR Lawyer
DR Lawyer, Lawyer

Good evening

For the civil wedding ceremony (that is part of the church service) you will need to provide the Vicar with some form of ID. This does not necessarily need to be a passport.

If you marry this non EU national he will be permitted to remain in the UK as you are an EU national.

Regards

DR Lawyer

Thank you but haw do I get married since he does not have a visa? They say we need permisions from the register or the home office but once they fauns out he is illegal woun't he be deported?

I see your problem. If he does not have a visa he won't be deported. You should contact the border agency and because he and you are engaged to be married (and because you are an eu national) he will not be deported.

Regards

DR Lawyer