UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have been dissmissed from work i have had the disciplinary…

Customer Question
I have been dissmissed from...
I have been dissmissed from work i have had the disciplinary hearing and i would like to appeal do not know where to start
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/11/2010
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 8 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Hiya,

The starting point for these matters is your contract and any staff handbook which should set out how your particular company deal with appeals.

You need to follow the correct procedure as does your employer. You should put your request in writing and the hearing should basically be a re-hearing of the original decision. You should also contact ACAS who can take you through the process and in particular what you need to do to take this matter to an Employment Tribunal - ACAS are free and confidential

Happy to discuss further

Please remember to PRESS ACCEPT
Hiya,

I hope that this helps - please remember to PRESS ACCEPT