UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Hello, my name is Stuart Evans. n the 3rd of november 2008…

Customer Question
Hello, my name isXXXXX n...
Hello, my name isXXXXX n the 3rd of november 2008 I took out a loan of £11,000 to consolidate my girlfriends debts to various credit cards , store cards etc . The loan meant that she then had one affordable payment to make into my account £220 a month. We split up the following June. She continued to make payments until 2 months ago. She will not answer the phone and will not respond to any message left by me. I have my bank statements going back 2 years so i have a record of the loan and the payment of her debts and all payments which she has made into my account. she has a full time job, a car and lives at her parents house, has no reason why she cannot pay. I am now a student with a part time job and am struggling to service this debt which should be hers and not mine. how do i get her to pay?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/11/2010
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 8 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Hiya,

You should write for the money back and if you do not receive the sum within a reasonable period of time - say 14 days you can in fact sue in the small claims court for the money owed - all very straight forward - you can also claim for interest pursuant to s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at 8% per annum on the money owed and can be done online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk I hope that this helps Please remember to PRESS ACCEPT
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
And what if i am lacking the funds for legal costs to sue
The only charge that you have to meet is the court fee - if you do not have such a fee then the court can provide an exemption on the fee -

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/HMCSCourtFinder/GetLeaflet.do?court_leaflets_id=172

I hope that this helps

Please remember to PRESS ACCEPT