UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

can i go to prison over 1,500 its my 1st offence i needed…

Customer Question
can i go to prison...
can i go to prison over 1,500 its my 1st offence? i needed the money for debts and had every intention to pay it back, i worked there 7 years this was a one off. shall i approach the director to explain situation? but the police are saying about other money that was missing they dont have evidence on that????? but they will on the 2 chqs i banked it in my acc.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/11/2010
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 8 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Hiya,

There is a risk that you could go to prison - but it will depend on a number of factors - such as level of responsibility, money stolen and the like.

I attach herewith details from the sentencing guidelines which will help

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sentencing_manual/theft_breach_of_trust/

I should also point out that Tuckers are a good firm so you will be well represented

I hope that this helps

Please press ACCEPT
Hiya,

I hope that helps

Please remember to PRESS ACCEPT