UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My local council are saying I owe them council tax when I was…

Customer Question
My local council are saying...
My local council are saying I owe them council tax when I was a lodger. I signed a tenancy agreement which clearly demonstrated the landlord accepted responsibility. Where do I stand on this point? Thank you
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/11/2010
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 8 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
How much are they saying you owe and how long has it been going on?
Sorry but was unable to find your reply (am not overly computer literate) The council say I owe a little over a thousand pounds and this has been going on for about 2 to 3 years. Thank you
OK. do you still have the tenancy agreement?
Yes I do
OK. Do they have a liability order yet?