UK Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified solicitor who will answer your question

Jo C.
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

More related answers
All solicitors are VERIFIED
I took me car for its MOT last week, half an hour after leaving
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
I took me car for it's MOT last week, half an hour after leaving it there, the mechanic rang to inform me the engine had stopped working mid test. I went back there and he informed me that mid test th… read more
We are in dispute with a garage over the repairs to our car.
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Master's Degree
We are in dispute with a garage over the repairs to our car. The car went in on 4th Jan for diagnosis and estimate on an excessively smoky exhaust. We agreed the way to proceed. After being slow to st… read more
Hi I have a question ding 2nd hand car purchase, the car broke
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Hi I have a question ding 2nd hand car purchase, the car broke down on me on the way home from picking it up, I bought it on 4/4/12, its broke ,down a further 5 times since, the rear view mirrors fall… read more
Hi I purchased a volkswagen passat diesel estate 6 weeks
Daniel Smith
Daniel Smith, Bachelor's Degree
Hi I purchased a volkswagen passat diesel estate 6 weeks ago at a cost of £4850-00 with a 3 month warranty, I have had a diagnostic check as it was showing a fault, this has shown that the turbo has g… read more
I am a taxi driver and drive a 2006 Toyota Avensis 2.2 diesel
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
I am a taxi driver and drive a 2006 Toyota Avensis 2.2 diesel with 91,000 miles on the clock. Recently, I had a problem with the interior heating system blowing cold air instead of hot. I checked the … read more
hello. i bought a car in may which came with 50/50 warranty
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
hello. i bought a car in may which came with 50/50 warranty for 3 months, it developed major problems with the gasket in july, so took it back for repairs and paid half the price, fine....recently it … read more
i bought a car from a dealer on the 6/8/11,within an hour of
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
i bought a car from a dealer on the 6/8/11,within an hour of driving i head an engine management light come on,i rang the dealer and explained ,but as the boss had just gone on holiday he asked me to … read more
my car went into a local garage with a problem they diagnosed
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Master's Degree
my car went into a local garage with a problem they diagnosed as a sensor failure on the turbo. they quoted me a max price of $500 to fix. When i called later they told me that the turbo had blown and… read more
My car went into the a garage with a damaged bumper and grill
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
My car went into the a garage with a damaged bumper and grill repair. The Garage was selected by me and the repairs were to be paid for by the insurance company of the person that damaged my car. The … read more
I bought a car from a trade dealer 6 weeks ago, it has had
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
I bought a car from a trade dealer 6 weeks ago, it has had a few minor issues but nothing major until now, the car is an auto and has lost all gears, i spoke with the trader who said when i bought the… read more
Hi I was initially claiming against a garage which converted
James Mather
James Mather, solicitor
Hi I was initially claiming against a garage which converted my car to LPG (which subsequently destroyed the engine) After they claimed for a good few months that it was nothing to do with the convers… read more
I recently purchased a set of HT leads for my sons car which
DR Lawyer
DR Lawyer, BA (HONS) Pgdl Pgdlp
I recently purchased a set of HT leads for my son's car which seemed to be misfiring, at a cost of £36.75 incl VAT, from a local Unipart depot. I went home and fitted them to my son's car. However, th… read more
my car broke down in France on 16th Dec 2009. It was recovered
DR Lawyer
DR Lawyer, BA (HONS) Pgdl Pgdlp
my car broke down in France on 16th Dec 2009. It was recovered by European breakdown to our garage on 9th Jan 2010. After 6 weeks they told us it needed a new engine and turbo and quoted us £2200 plus… read more
hello , i sold a car privatly on ebay 20th decemeber 2009 and
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Bachelor's Degree
hello , i sold a car privatly on ebay 20th decemeber 2009 and the buyer collected on the 27th decemeber 2009,drove the car home and left me positive feedback.On the 16th of march 2010 i received an em… read more
I have a BMW series 7 which is BMWs flagship car. I bought
DR Lawyer
DR Lawyer, BA (HONS) Pgdl Pgdlp
I have a BMW series 7 which is BMW's flagship car. I bought as new in 2005 from Sytner Chigwell BMW at a cost of £60,000 plus. All works and servicing required has been done by this company. It's fair… read more
i was invoice twice for the same repair on my car without knowing
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
i was invoice twice for the same repair on my car without knowing until i went to use my cars warrenty. The garage which repaired it first used the cars warrenty policy and i paid for the item and lab… read more
HI i brought a used car in july, 5 weeks later me and my partner
Chris_H
Chris_H, Consultant Solicitor
HI i brought a used car in july, 5 weeks later me and my partner and children drove to st tropez in france the engine blew up on my second day of traveling my insurance took away my car to be fixed bu… read more
Hi I currently have my car in for repair at a main dealership
James Mather
James Mather, solicitor
Hi I currently have my car in for repair at a main dealership and have learned that after their diagnostics and parts replaced that further unforeseen work and parts are reqiured. My insurance company… read more