UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

my licence was revoked last week, can i get it back, can i…

Customer Question
my licence was revoked last...
my licence was revoked last week, can i get it back, can i get that decision overturned.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/10/2010
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 8 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
why was it revoked?
due to going to court for careless driving and failing to stop at the scene of an accident, i have held my licence for under 2 years and already had three points, i was given 5 points and a fine for this offence, under new driver law, my licence can be revoked once it has 6 points or more

In that case you cannot get the revocation overturned. There is an automatic revocation at 6 points and there is no exceptional hardship test.

But you can sit the test again immediately. You are not disqualified from driving. You just need to sit the test again.