UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

hi somebody is saying they are serving a writ on me for work…

Customer Question
hi somebody is saying they are...
hi
somebody is saying they are serving a writ on me for work i carried out on his property last year for £22,000, saying he has had to replace windows etc, which he has not! its just a lie, what are the implications of it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/10/2010
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 8 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate

Hiya,

If they are serving a writ or a summons on you this will explain in detail the basis of the claim being advanced against you and allow you the opportunity (before the court) to file a defence and ultimately defend this claim in court. The simple fact is that the person should have provided you with full details of the claim before serving a writ and their failure to do so will allow you to seek costs before the court for this failure.

I hope that helps

Please remember to PRESS ACCEPT

Hiya, I hope that helps - happy to discuss further Please remember to PRESS ACCEPT so that I can get my credit