UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

HELLO My father past away almost a year ago and made a will…

Customer Question
HELLO My father past away almost...
HELLO
My father past away almost a year ago and made a will leaving everything to me,But am having trouble changing the estate in my name.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/9/2010
Solicitor: F E Smith, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
F E Smith
F E Smith, Solicitor
Can you tell me who the executor is i.e. relative, solicitor?
yes the executor was related to my father.
Good afternoon,

As you are the residuary beneficiary then you have every right to be kept fully informed as to progress in the administration of the estate. The executor has a duty to you to carry out the wishes of your father and ensure that his property passes to you as the sole beneficiary. You should contact the lawyer and ask for an appointment to see him as soon as possible and if you are still not satisfied ask to see the senior partner of that firm assuming the lawyer that is dealing with it is not the senior partner. This would be the situation in any country. You will have to appreciate that the law where you are is different to the law in the UK but the same principles apply in your own scenario. Good luck.

This answer is based on the limited information provided. I hope that this answers your question, if so, I would ask you please to click ’Accept’ so that I can be paid.
Best wishes
F E
Is it possible in anyway they can take what my father left for me in his will?
Good evening,

If there is a valid will with an executor appointed as you say then he has a duty to administer the estate in accordance with your fathers wishes to ensure that you receive your entitlement. Anything less than this is a breach of trust which is a very serious criminal offence in any country. Good luck.

Best wishes
F E
F E Smith
F E Smith, Solicitor
How long does it take to settle a simple will?My father died last year September and named three (3) people in his will i was there for the reading of the will the first person gets all the furniture and electrical appliances,the second person get a potion of land and everything else he own was willed to me.1 person in the will already got what was willed to him (person 1)The lawyer and the executor started the process immediately after (i paid for the who process)its been a year person 2 and i are yet to closer please help