How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have romainian girlfriend who wants to coem live with me

Resolved Question:

i have romainian girlfriend who wants to coem live with me in uk i am british citizen with good stable job what would she need to coem live here with me
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


She does not need a visa to come here and study provided she can support herself without becoming an unreasonable burden on public funds.


If she wishes to work here during her period of study then she may do so for ten hours a week but would need to apply for a worker registration certificate to confirm that she is a student. She would have to obtain this by completing Form BR1 once she is here and it is free to download form the UKBA website.


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,




Thanks for your question.

Thomas and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you