How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can my Indian boyfriend get a holiday Visa and marry me when

This answer was rated:

Can my Indian boyfriend get a holiday Visa and marry me when he is over here in the u.k. Does her have to be over here for a specific time



Thanks for your question.


If you are a British national then the best way forward is for your fiance to apply for a fiance Visa from India so that you can come here to marry.


You must show that:

  • you plan to marry or register a civil partnership within a reasonable time (usually six months)
  • you plan to live together permanently after you are married or have registered a civil partnership
  • you have met each other before
  • there is somewhere for you and your dependents to live until you get married or register a civil partnership, and you will be able to live without help from public funds,
  • you and your dependants can be supported without working or claiming any help from public funds,
  • your fiancé(e) is not under 21, and
  • you are not under 21 at the date of arrival in the UK.

He will be allowed to stay in the UK for six months but without permission to work. He should contact the British embassy in India to ask for the correct forms.


Once you are married here you will be able to apply for a spouse visa which is a form of settlement so you will have to apply using for SET(M).


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I am rewarded for my time. It will be graftefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,





Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you