How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was married in Margarita a Venezuelan Islan. Will this present

This answer was rated:

I was married in Margarita a Venezuelan Islan. Will this present any problems when seeking a divorce?



Thanks for your question.


If you have a marriage certificate from another country and it is not in English then a translation certified by a notary public or authenticated by an affidavit must be provided with the divorce petition when you submit it to Court so that the Court can tell that the certificate is in fact bona fide.


The divorce can then proceed as normal, assuming that you and your present spouse are living in the UK. If your spouse is out of the Country then serving documents upon him can be a bit more awkward, but it can be done.


If this is useful please kindly click accept it will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,




Thomas and 3 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you