How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i need a solicitor for a defamation action against a county

This answer was rated:

i need a solicitor for a defamation action against a county council employee for alleging sexual abuse in an email which has been proven by the ombudsman to be false. I have no funds to take this to court but have the offending email and replies for the council and ombudsman concerning this sio there is defamtion and vicarious liability claims



Thanks for you question.


I'm afraid that any defamation action would have to be privately funded by you, they are very very expensive as well. Legal Aid is not available, so if as stated you do not have fund available then it will be a non-starter.


Sorry it could not be better news. It is a source of frustration for those who would otherwise be litigants in defamation actions.


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.


Kind regards,





Acorn - 3

Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you