Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

hi i am a british citizen.my wife is filippino and living in

hi i am a british citizen.my wife is filippino and living in philippines with my son who is half british .my son is four and a half years old.i would like to no exactly what i should do so that my wife son and i can be together as we should be i uk.i no my wife has to have a visa.i am not sureif my son has to have one as he is half british.aiso could you tell me exactly what i have to have and to prove to acquire the visa and is it a good idea to get the services of an immigration agency.many thanks keith german
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your question.

Is your name on the child's birth certificate?

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry took time to find out as had to contact wife.yes my sons name is XXXXX XXXXX cetificate.could you please tell me what i should do about wife visa and son.i would be very grateful. reply from tuesday.
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your reply.

Your son could apply for passport straightaway as a child of a British National with you being named on the birth certificate.

Your wife must apply for settlement and she will obtain a spouse visa which will ultimately lead to settlement. She will need to complete Form VAF4A and must be able to prove that your are married, have a subsisting relationship with you wife during the the marriage thus far, bank account details and that you are able to financially maintain her once she is here.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom