How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband & I are currently renting our home, he works full

This answer was rated:

My husband & I are currently renting our home, he works full time and I'm a stay at home mum. We have recently seen a flat that we would like to buy. Can my husband have the mortgage in his name only, but have the title deeds in both our names?



Thanks for your question.


It depends on the lender providing your mortgage offer. The offer will usually contain a condition that the person named on the mortgage acquires and is registered as the freehold owner, without anyone else registered..


They are generally keen to avoid potential enforcement problems in the event that the person named on the mortgage defaults and they seek an order for possession, your interest would create an obstacle to this.


Sorry it could not be better news.


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I am rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,



Thomas and 3 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you