How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

is a license required to serve documnets, if so what is required.

Resolved Question:

is a license required to serve documnets, if so what is required. I have set up a new company
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.



To enable an expert to answer could you explain a bit more please. What documents are you serving and what are you serving them pursuant to?





Customer: replied 7 years ago.

one of the services that my company are offering is:


Document Serving

We are available to serve any documents from the Courts in regard to civil proceedings. All documents are served at a cost of £45.00 in the Herts, Beds area. Outside this area a small mileage charge also applies. We are not limited to court documents. If you have any other important documents that need to be delivered personally and urgently, we could be just who you are looking for. Please contact us for a map of our home area and to discuss your needs.

Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your reply.


There is no regulatory body which provides licences to would be process servers, no formal licence is required.


Most process servers are private investigators would serve documents 'on the side' as it were.


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,



Thomas and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you