SYK
SYK, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B Honours Law, PgDip in Legal Practice, Solicitor 4.5 years PQE
30800566

I HAD APPLIED FOR EXTENTION OF STAY UNDER TIER1(GENERAL) BEFORE

I HAD APPLIED FOR EXTENTION OF STAY UNDER TIER1(GENERAL) BEFORE THE EXPIRY OF MY CURRENT LEAVE,BUT THE CASE WAS RETURNED BACK BY UKBA FOR NON PAYMENT OF FEE BY MY BANK.I HAD SEND THE CASE BACK TO THEM BY PAYING THE FEE THROUGH POSTAL ORDER,BUT THIS TIME BEFORE I COULD SEND THE CASE TO THEM MY LEAVE HAD EXPIRED.THE EXPIRY OF LEAVE WAS ACCIDENTAL AND NONE INTENTIONAL AND WOULD HAVE NOT TAKEN PLACE IF THE PAYMENT OF FEE WAS NOT DECLINED BY THE BANK AT THE TIME OF INITIAL APPLICATION.CAN U TELL ME WHATS GONA BE THE FATE OF MY APPLICATION,IT IS IMPORTANT TO MENTION THAT APART FROM THAT I HAVE ACHIEVED MORE THAN 75 POINTS NEEDED FOR EXTENTION OF STAY.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  SYK replied 7 years ago.

Hi there,

If you haven't heard already, your application may be refused on the basis that the application reached UKBA with its fee after the expiry date, if this is the case you should be allowed leave to appeal and should appeal and set out your case. Especially since you meet the required points.

On the other hand, you may be lucky and the caseworker may see that the application was returned due to non payment in first instance, but payment has now been made.

Hope the above answers your question. Please remember to click the GREEN ACCEPT Button.

Regards SYK.