How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SYK Your Own Question
SYK, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 203
Experience:  LL.B Honours Law, PgDip in Legal Practice, Solicitor 4.5 years PQE
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
SYK is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my american wife was an overstayer in uk . before we married

Resolved Question:

my american wife was an overstayer in uk . before we married in oct 06 registrar checked
with home office if there would be any problem ,they did not think so, once married we applied for "leave for her to remain" . this was rejected . my wife had to leave uk .but was not deported ,(no stamps on passport).....question,how can she get back into uk
thanks DT
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  SYK replied 7 years ago.

Hello there,


You should apply for a new application as a spouse's visa. The fact that she left the country at her own accord will be in her favour when she reapplies.


Hope the above helps. Kindly remember to click the GREEN ACCEPT Button.



SYK and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you