Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

i need to get an affidavit to confirm my identity is the same

i need to get an affidavit to confirm my identity is the same as my passport, does a solicitor draw up the affidavit or do i do it myself
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

There is nothing stopping you from drafting the affidavit yourself provided you are confident enough on what content needs to be included in it. There are plently of online search providers who will give you a template and instructions in order to put it together. http://www.lawpack.co.uk/Knowledge/Business/StartingABusiness/article1822.asp

Once you have a draft that you are certain contains all the required information then you can take it to any local solicitor to have it sword, it will cost £7.00 for a solicitor to swear it or you can get it sworn for free at any county court.

It this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can you provide a copy of an affidavit to confirm identity as i am struggling to do it myself on the internet
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.

Just Answer prohibits the attaching of documents to answers, but i have taken the time to provide you with a form of template myself:-

AFFIDAVIT OF [INSERT NAME]

I [INSERT NAME IN CAPITALS] of [INSERT ADDRESS] DO SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY XXXXX XXXXX follows:-

1. I am a [INSERT NATIONALITY] National (Date of birth [INSERT DOB]) and reside at the above address.

2. I make this Affidavit in support of the application [INSERT APPLICATION IF APPLICABLE].

3. I confirm my identity is [INSERT IDENTITY] as evidenced my passport, a copy of which is attached hereto [ATTACH COPY PASSPORT]

EXECUTED by [INSERT NAME IN CAPITALS]

by

this day of 2010

Before me

a comissioner for Oaths/Solicitor

----

Please kindly click accept.

Tom