How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Simon Your Own Question
Simon, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 58
Experience:  I'm a solicitor specialising in criminal defence work. I have been in private practice for 5 years.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Simon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get a Certified Copy of my UK passport to send to

This answer was rated:

How do I get a Certified Copy of my UK passport to send to the USA IRS with a W-7 form, in order that one of my customers (I am a photographer and a publisher needs to use one of my pictures in a book) can pay me without withholding 30% as tax?



You can get a certified copy of your passport from any solicitor or notary. All it requires is for you to take the passport into their office, they'll copy it (only the page with your photo etc. is required) and then note on the copy something along these lines: 'I, XXXXX, hereby certify this to be a true copy of the original document, British Passport No. XXXXXXX, which has been produced to me this X day of March 2010.' They'll sign it, give it their firm's stamp and you have a certified copy. You will be charged up to around £10 if you go to a High Street solicitor's office, more if you go to a notary public.


Hope that helps.



Simon and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you