How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7613
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I realise it is not common but how easy is it to change the

This answer was rated:

I realise it is not common but how easy is it to change the ownership of a property FROM tenants in common TO joint tenants?



Thanks for your question.


You will need to enter in to a trust deed with the other tenant in common stating that you wish to change the tenancy from tenants in common to joint tenants. Form RX3 must then be submitted to the Land Registry to remove the Form A Restriction (which is the restriction on the registered title indicating you hold your interest as TIC) with a certified copy of the trust deed attached. They will send you evidence of the change once completed.


The trust deed is very straightforward and local solicitor will be able to draft it for you for a very small fee. You can probably make the application mentioned above yourself without the need to pay a conveyancer to do it for you. The Land Registry's customer service personnel are very helpful, particularly when it is a someone acting without a conveyancer, you can call them on 0844(NNN) NNN-NNNN


If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.


Kind regards,



Thomas and 3 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you