How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aman Ji Your Own Question
Aman Ji
Aman Ji, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 108
Experience:  LLB Law
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Aman Ji is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi,i live in the uk and i have met a girl who lives in (kazan)

Resolved Question:

hi,i live in the uk and i have met a girl who lives in (kazan) russia.what are the laws i need to know regarding this girl coming over to the uk to live with me.thankyou.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Aman Ji replied 7 years ago.

Good evening


Need more info.


What is your legal status in UK eg citizen or permanent resident?

How did you meet the girl? Have you physically met each other?

What are your intentions eg engagement?

Does she just want to visit the UK or come and live with you permanently?

How old are both of you?


Kind regards




Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i was born in the uk and lived here all my life.


i met this girl on the internet,but we haven't met yet.

at first i would like this girl to come to live with me,and hopefuly in the longer term we could possibly get ingaged,then live with me permantly in the uk.

i am 43 years old,and the girl is 35 years old.thankyou.

Expert:  Aman Ji replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for reply.


She would not be able to live with you permanently straight away. She can apply for a general visitor visa through your sponsorship in order to spend time with you in UK. This would be a 6mth visa where she would not be able to work in any capacity or claim public funds.


For settlement visa applications such as fiancee or spouse, both parties need to have physically met. You have not reached an advanced stage in your relationship as yet it seems.


General visitor visa application can be obtained from:


Your duties as a sponsor (maintenance and accomodation) are explained:


If she wants to come to UK in her own right, she needs to look at her options eg studying in UK, skilled worker, investor etc.


Hope that helps. Kind regards




Please click green button to accept answer.

Aman Ji and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you