How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have recently discovered that I might of been missold, payment

Resolved Question:

I have recently discovered that I might of been missold, payment protection insurance by my bank, and i am not sure how to go about reclaiming it. Should I seek out a lawyer to help and if so would it be expensive?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.

Hello Jacbenney,

You should go and see a solicitor, they will at least be able to tell you if you have a claim. Ask them initially to see you on a fixed fee basis (unless of course they offer a no-charge initial meeting. If they consider that you have a reasonable prospect of success then they will most likely work for you on a contingency fee basis (ie no money up front but they would get a percentage of any amount you receive).


You should use the following site to find a solicitor:-


Put in your post code and then select the area of law (consider using either consumer law or financial or investment services) and it will produce a list of practices near you. Alternatively you can call the Law Society on 020 72 42 1222, or search google under "financial misselling [INSERT YOUR COUNTY]".


Sorry if the above seems a little obvious.


I hope this helps, if so please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my efforts. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask followup questions.


Kind regards,



Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you