How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Glos solicitor Your Own Question
Glos solicitor
Glos solicitor, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 1601
Experience:  LLB, post graduate diploma, 6 years practicing UK law.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Glos solicitor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can the CSA take from my new partner I now live with, if I

Resolved Question:

Can the CSA take from my new partner I now live with, if I can't afford to pay the ex wife or become un-employed?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Glos solicitor replied 7 years ago.



The CSA are only able to take money from you as the parent of the children. If your circumstances change and you are unable to make your payment then you should contact them to be reassessed


Hope that helps



Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks for the reply, just want to clarify one thing though.
i met my partner 5 years after the ex wife and i split....can you confirm there are no circumstances in which the csa can approach my new partners income at all. its just that my new partner has heard from others at work that this has happened.
Expert:  Glos solicitor replied 7 years ago.
I have not been aware of this happening in my experience - 6 years in practice
Glos solicitor and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you