How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 70526
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what do i do if i want to section someone

This answer was rated:

what do i do if i want to section someone
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My granddaughter is anorexic every week she looses a pound or more and
is now 5st 5lb she is 16 and will be 17 in november she stands 5ft 2" and looks awful she is always tired no energy she has rages hits her mother and throws things has turned into a bully. The councellor each week says next week youmust put on a pound and then we will see how we go and then tells her mother she must be stronger with her but i am afraid this in not working and i am going to loose her.

OK. Anorexiria in itself doesn't often lead to sectioning. To be honest, at 5st 5ib it probably wouldn't happen but that doesn't mean this wouldn't be a possibility later.


However, if you want a person to be sectioned then you need to make a referral to the mental health team with the local social services. You can get their details from social services.


All you can do is get a person assessed. Thereafter to section a person two doctors and a social worker must agree.

Jo C. and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you