How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 34278
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can i make my husband leave the house. The house is in my name.

Resolved Question:

can i make my husband leave the house. The house is in my name. our marriage has broken down and its affecting my life and my kids. I wont stop him seeing the kids, I just want a happy home life
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 8 years ago.
how old are the children and have there been any incidents of violence?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.



I have twin girls aged 7 and a boy of 3. There has been alot of aruging. Last nite there was some violence in fron of the kids. Shouting, and he grabbed me, which I now have a bruise and I hit him....

Expert:  Clare replied 8 years ago.
i am afraid your husband has a right to live in the matrimonial home until there is either a financial agreement between you of the decree absolute is granted in divorce proceedings
however if your husband is violent towards you then you can get an exclusion order ensuring that he is no longer able to enter the house
i suggest that you seek face to face legal advice as soon as possible
Clare and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you