UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

i am on a special transfer (homes in havering/havering council)

Customer Question
because my family is in...
i am on a special transfer (homes in havering/havering council) because my family is in danger(my wife has been assaulted once attaacked by a hammer and been constantly racially abused) they have put us like for like even though we came to this property on a band A special transfer any thing they told us we had 12 weeks to bid we have been given 9 we told them we needed to stay in XXXXX XXXXX (rm3)area as my parents are both 86 and my sons school is here we bid on a 3 dedroom house on monday and was put in position 1 this was cancelled by havering council and they changed it to a 3 bedroom maisonette in romford in a known drug area
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: UK Law
11/6/2008
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 9 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
What is your question?

Romford isn't a drugs spot. I cover that area. Brixton is a drugs spot.
the part of romford (waterloo estate) is a known area for drug related crimes and problems ! anyway my family have been abused since march this year (the person commiting this harrasement has been doing so to all occupants at this address for at least 14 years and other neighbours ie-smashing their windows breaking down their doors racial abuseto my wife and children as well as past occupants of this address (this information we have learnt by talking to various neighbours and ex-neighbours of our next door neighbour ) even though homes in havering knew about the problems she has always caused when we came to view this property on a special transfer Band A (no restrictions) we asked the lady showing us the house if next door was a problem as people were drinking beer outside (we were on a special transfer as my son was in danger we had also changed his school)she replied no it was a hot day that was why they were drinking (also take into consideration that if you refuse a house/flat that you have bid for tou have to wait 6 months before you can bid again also we needed to move as quickly as possible because of the threat to my then 5 year okld son) we went to homes in havering and demanded to move as my wife was under constant harrasement and was also assaulted by a person next door we were escorted off the premises by the police and told we were not enough at risk to be moved i applied for a special transfer anyway but to no avail when my wife and sons (one aged 7 and a 1 year old baby) were attacked with a hammer (my wife managed to shut and lock the door ann miles the neighbour nextdoor smashed our kitchen windows constantly tried to knock down our door shouting at my wife and children i am going to kill you tou turkish bastards she also threw paint all over our kitchen and front door .my wife and i have been on traqulisers and as we live on the second floor my wife has to carry a pushchair up 2 flights of stairs (when she takes our eldest son to school) she is very scared and has knoked her back on the metal bars on the stairs 2 weeks ago she had to go to hospital by ambulance as she couldn't walk (she was injected with morphine and given gas and air to help her get to the ambulance (our doctor has sent a letter to havering council stating she cannot carry weights)she was given 3 different pain killers at the hospital and released she is going to st georges hospital at the end of the month to hsve an MRI scan to try and find out what the problem isWe are lucky in that we have one neighbour who is here a lot who helps her up and down the stairs when this neighbour isn't here my son doesn't go to school (there is a lot more to our story) finally we bid for a house on XXXXX XXXXX last friday(31/10/2008) and were in 1st position when i looked on the tuesday it had been changed to this romford address by havering council we have onnly bid for 9 weeks as we were told by the anti social dept at homes in havering that our 12 weeks would start when we returned from turkey (we were in turkey for 4 weeks because my wifes mother is ill) but they started the 12 weeks from 13/08/2008 and even though their 12 weeks was up last week we were told we would have 12 weeks to bid then if we didn't get anything they would then offer us something (that should be after the 12 weeks not inside it even though i state again it is only 9 weeks
<p>Waterloo estate is not very nice but its nothing like a drugs hotspot. </p><p> </p><p>What is your actual question? </p><p> </p><p>If your accommodation isn't suitable you can always get a job and move away.</p>
i have a job and my family is settled in XXXXX XXXXX,i grew up here and my parents( Mother 86 and father 87) live nearby my wife's english is not very good and she has friends here as well as the support of my parents my son goes to a good school here (st ursulas catholic school) and has moved school once and needs stability in his life why should my family move away from here we are the victims here and we have been treated with no respect by homes in havering i feel they are making it as difficult as possible for us to move to a safe area as i have complained about their housing manager (deborah lawal) this went to a stage 3 complaint but they came up with reasons that dont relate to my complaint to pospone it (it is now in the hands of the government ombudsman who i might add i dont have much faith in) i also have a complaint against the anti social behaviour team (on going) we are in council housing as we cannot afford to buy our own house (plus i am 51 years old) i am never late with the rent i pay all my bills on time (where do you think you are coming from and saying get a job and move) I pay rent rates taxes (therefore i pay for the people running havering council and homes in havering i am a tennant of both (therfore a customer and expect a service i am paying for) as i stated before we were put here and have had to constantly argue with the police (yes i have complined about them too) homes in havering to get anything done these people are paid to do a job but just want to fob people off and bury their heads in the sand when there are problems
What question do you want me to answer?
i have been put on a special waiting list i have been told that i can bid for 12 weeks they have given me in effect 8 weeks i was told by homes in havering that my bidding would start on my return from turkey i have written to homes in havering about the conditions of the a banding they say i need to talk to homes in havering homes in havering say i need to talk to havering council about the conditons of the banding so if there 12 weeks ended last week why is it i bid for a house in XXXXX XXXXX was number one but was changed by havering council when i phoned them to complain they said my 12 weeks were up and they were offering me this place in romford when i said that i had bid within their so called 12 weeks and it had been changed they said it was a fault with the computer ( this is the 2nd time they have done this to us in september we were number one for 2 propertis but they said it was a compuer error) we had told them we were only bidding in XXXXX XXXXX on the special transfer formso what i need to know is where do i stand against homes in havering and their lies and havering council in their deceit
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
Relist: I still need help.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
Ben Jones
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer