How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 11843
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have the indefinite leave to remain stamp on my passport,

Customer Question

i have the indefinite leave to remain stamp on my passport, which i lost last december , when i was issued with a new one in feburuary i sent it along with some documents required by the homme office to have my new passport endorsed with a visa transfer to be stamped they still havent come back to me with any explanation as to why they r taking so long, they promised it would not take any longer than 3 months but there we go after 7 months i still havent received it yet, could u tell me if this is lawful for them to descriminate me in this manner, i feel abused and rejected in a way thats i never thought could happen to me by homme office. it would be helpful to advice me on how to take this further, i have also got a solicitor acting on my behalf but so far he hasnt been able to succeed. thank u for ur time.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  INC replied 8 years ago.



Your local MP may be able to help. I suggest you contact their offices and arrange an appointment to see them. They should be able to write a letter to the Home Office and request details of why it is taking so long.


If you wish to discuss further, plpease feel free to ask additional questions.


Kind regards,