JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

As a tier one entrepreneur visa holder, can I invest in a

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: as a tier one entrepreneur visa holder, can I invest in a medical surgery? I am not a doctor.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: Visa is just granted.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 8 months ago.
Hi, let me double check this for you but I believe you can invest in a medical practice. I will come back to you later today with a definitive answer. Kind regards, J
Hi, if the medical practice is an active and trading UK limited company, you can invest under the Tier 1 visa. You must also have a uk bank account. Kind regards, J
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it’s a very old surgery and recently it became a private limited company. I have an UK bank account.Surgery’s valuation is based mainly on property’s value and some inventories. There is no goodwill to be paid. I am considering to buy 50% share in the business which will be worth over £200000/-. I will be the second director in the company. Will this be a valid investment?Thanks again.
Hello, yes, the minimum to invest in a Tier 1 (entrepreneur) visa is £50,000. The type of business is eligible so you are free to invest and apply for the visa. I hope this helps. Best wishes, J
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi, just wondering if you deal with Immigration matters. £50000 of investment is no longer valid, minimum investment under this category is £200000. My visa is already approved and I am looking for valid investment.I repeat my question, Surgery’s valuation is based mainly on property’s value and some inventories. There is no goodwill to be paid. I am considering to buy 50% share in the business which will be worth over £200000/-. I will be the second director in the company. Will this be a valid investment?
Thanks.
It’s a points based system and you have obviously been granted a visa already with having access to at least £200K of disposable investment funds or at least £50K from one or more registered venture capital firms or government departments.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.