UK Immigration Law

Have UK Immigration Law Questions? Get Answers Now.

UK Immigration Law

I wanted to know something related to maternity leave and…

Customer Question
I wanted to know...

I wanted to know something related to maternity leave and visa expiry

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am on Tier 2 ICT visa any my visa will expire next year around 1st week of May, so as per my employer the earlier they can apply for renewal is Feb 1st week. And as per my information it may take unto 8 weeks to get your visa renewed after applying. As my wife due for delivery around April end next year and she will be in india at that time and cannot get the visa renewed with me.
We are planning her to take maternity leave here from her employer and then go to india for delivery but i have some queries.
1- If she takes maternity leave and leaves india around End of jan or first week of Feb and her visa expires in May , will it be illegal for her to be still in maternity leave and getting paid the maternity allowance from UK govt.
2- As per my employer whenever she wants to travel to uk they will apply for a fresh dependents visa for her and the new born and they can travel uk. So if she comes back again on a new visa and join her employer after maternity leave is it legal or illegal as she will have a new BRP card i thing and new visa.I have tried to explain my situation and queries but please let me know if it is too much confusing and i will try to explain in more detail. this is my actuall query

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
12/20/2017
Solicitor: frantzgregory, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
frantzgregory

Hello

First of all you cannot renew your visa early then 28 days before expiry. So if your visa expires in May the earliest you can apply if April and not Feb. Why do you want you child to be born in India and not the UK. Is the travel necessary for the safety of the child?

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
frantzgregory
frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer