UK Immigration Law

Have UK immigration law questions? Get answers now.

I have been in the country for 15 years and I don’t have any…

Customer Question
I have been in the...
I have been in the country for 15 years and I don’t have any family can I legalise my status please update thanks
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/18/2017
Solicitor: Buachaill, Barrister replied 8 months ago
Buachaill
Buachaill, Barrister

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. Dear Arun, can you provide more detail please. What passport do you hold? On what basis have you been residing in the UK? What visa or entitlement do you have to live in the UK? Are you in employment? Do you have private health insurance? Do you want Indefinite Leave to Remain or citizenship?

i hold indian passport and its expired on 2012 and i never used nhs and i have been in the uk since 2002 september my visa expired on 2005 october and after i have applied for visa which they refused and said they have sent the passport which i have never received .right now i am an overstayer and need to legalise my status so wondering any chances is ther thanks

2. Dear Arun, I regret to say that family reunification or a job based sponsorship are the two main ways in which you could legalist your status. Other options are not open to you because you are an Overstayer and thus are liable to deportation. As you say in your question that you have no family, then family reunification is not open to you. I regret to say your prospects are bleak because job sponsorship by an employer only applies where you have essential skills for which a visa would be granted. Be aware that most options are not available to you because you are an Overstayer.

3. Here is link to the Tier 2 visa scheme which would allow you to get a job sponsorship. However, as you will see, it only applies to skilled jobs. https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general

4. However, be aware that the UK has never had a visa programme where people living illegally in the Uk Can t their status. Such a scheme might have happened in the USA but it has never existed in the Uk. So, there will be no credit for the years you have lived illegally in the UK.

5. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.