UK Immigration Law

Have UK Immigration Law Questions? Get Answers Now.

UK Immigration Law

My grandma lost her passport with indefinite stamp in India.

Customer Question
Hi, my grandma lost her...
Hi, my grandma lost her passport with indefinite stamp in India. She hasn't got copies of the passport or stamp. She's got her valid passport but lost the one she had her indefinite stamp on. What can we do to get her over here asap as she's 91 years old and not very well atm. She does have pension, bus pass and doctors here. Please let us know asap. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
12/10/2017
Solicitor: frantzgregory, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
frantzgregory
When did you obtain ILR and how long has she been out of the UK
I think she had it about 25 years ago. She lost her passport in October last year. my uncle tried a few things since January this year but no luck. Please let me know if we can do something to get her over asap. She is really poorly.
She's been out of uk since October last year. Please reply back asap. I'm desperate for her to come over. The thought of loosing her in India is really upsetting me. I left it to my uncle to sort it but nothing got done. I'm hoping there is something I can do for her. I can't afford to ring you. Please send me answer asap. Please I'll be really grateful. Thank you.
Are you saying that during the last 25 years of obtaining ILR she did not keep a copy?
Has this been reported lost? If she is so fraile why did she leave the UK last year?
She was fine when she went to India last year to attend her grand sons wedding. She's only just got really ill. That's what my uncle saying that they don't have any copies of her ILR. she has got bus pass, doctors and pension. Please let me know what we can do to get her over here.
It was reported lost in India.
My family in India did FIR for her lost passport. Thank you. Please help me.

While she was in the UK copies of her passport wasnt made? How can you prove she had ILR?

yeah that's what my uncle said they haven't got any copies. I was hoping we can get that information from Croydon with her name and date of birth etc? Can we do that? Thank you.

This will need to be through the British embassy in India

What do we need to do? Please help. Is it possible to get her over asap. Thank you.
What's the procedure in India? What do we need to take to British embassy in India? How long will it take?

Unfortunately it is not a quick process especially if there is no record of her having ILR. Your uncle needs to contact the British embassy in India. She should go with the police report confirming passport is lost. If she was in the UK I am certain she would have had to send copies of her ILR somewhere in the UK to prove her status eg local council, gp etc

Do you know how long it takes once you've been to see the British embassy in India? She really needs to come here as she's not well.
My family in India did go to British embassy Jan this year. They haven't heard anything back as yet. Do you know how long it takes? Or is there anything we can do from here? Thank you.
In Jan? and what did the embassy say?
I think they said we should hear from them within month. We didn't hear anything. I'm trying to get in touch with travel agent who did the paperwork for my uncle. I'm hoping once I have reference number of them I will be able to contact Indian embassy to find out what's happening. We just want her to come over as she's not well at all. I was wondering if we can do something here from uk? Thank you.
Its been 12 months since
I know it's been 12 months. We've been waiting patiencly. I think travel agent tried to call British embassy and email them but he didn't hear anything back. We were like it will be sorted soon. Now that she's not well I've got involved. Before I left it to my uncles here and in India to sort it. Before I didn't say anything as I thought my uncles knows what they are doing. We didn't get anywhere with what ever they tried. Is there anything I can do to sort the ILR stamp for her? Please tell me the procedure? Thank you.
I have told you all you can do.
What go to British embassy in India? Is there anything we can do from here?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
frantzgregory
frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer