UK Immigration Law

Have UK immigration law questions? Get answers now.

I want my russian girlfriend to come to uk uk wont give her…

Customer Question
I want my russian...

I want my russian girlfriend to come to uk uk wont give her visa because not enough savings so looking at getting married, we've been in contact since September this year

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

N opp can't afford to only earn 18000 per year

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She has plane ticket for Friday 15th December

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
12/8/2017
Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

So what would you like to know about this specifically?

I don't know what to do we want to be together but we keep getting knocked back. I'm thinking of going over to her and getting married then come back to uk

ok so you have not managed to get her a visa, has she asked you to help her in any way to overcome this?

She doesn't know what to do either so we are trying to find solution

I mean has she asked you to assist her in overcoming this issue, for example to help her financially to meet the criteria for the visa?

No she hasn't she just wants to find solution

ok I will transfer this to out Immigration Law section where someone will better help you, no need to reply in the meantime - once someone is available to assist they will be in touch on this page, thanks

Solicitor: Buachaill, Barrister replied 7 months ago
Buachaill
Buachaill, Barrister

1. There are three things I would say to you. Firstly, given the 7 days to her plane ticket date of 15th December, she should seek a holiday visa for this trip to see you, as there won't be time to apply for a more permanent visa to come and see you. A visa is required in advance of arriving in the UK so she should apply for one in Moscow before she leaves.

2. Secondly, if your Russian girlfriend wants to get married to you in the UK, then she should apply for a six months marriage visa which will entitle her to come to the UK for the purposes of getting married to you. However, she must leave the Uk on completion of these six months and then reapply for a Permanent Visa which will entitle her to live and work in the UK. The other alternative here would be to get married some other place, such as Russia and then seek a visa based on your Russian marriage to her. Here is a link to the marriage visa application online site https://www.gov.uk/marriage-visa/apply

3. Thirdly, in order for you to get a Permanent visa for your future wife to come and live and work in the UK with you, you will need an income in excess of GBP 18,600 for at least six months before you make your application. As you only earn GBP 18,000, you will need to do some overtime or earn some additional income in order that you meet the requirements which allow a British man to bring his Russian spouse into the UK to live with him. Currently, this is your biggest impediment to bringing your future wife to live with you in the UK.

4. Here is a link to the application procedure information for a spouse visa on the UK Government website which sets out the requirements and how you apply https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.