UK Immigration Law

Have UK immigration law questions? Get answers now.

Im sorry i got disconnected i was inquiring about arrest…

Customer Question
Hi im sorry i...

Hi im sorry i got disconnected i was inquiring about arrest records and UK tier 2 visas

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I dont know what USCIS is

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/14/2017
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 8 months ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate

what is your question?

If you have an arrest record, but no criminal record can that put a tier 2 visa at risk for being denied? Do you need to declare arrests?

what were the arrests?

One was from a boyfriend 6 years ago who grew physically abusive and then called the police and accused me of hitting him- it wasn't true and I was released that night and there were no charges ever filed.Another was 2 years ago when I was accused of public intoxication and interfering with a business, but those charges were dropped and I was give an infraction for "disturbing the peace."Thanks

I see. A new rule recently introduced by the Home Office requires Tier 2 visa applicants looking to work in certain UK sectors to provide a criminal record certificate as part of their UK visa submission. Those currently affected are Tier 2 General applicants with roles in the health, social and education sectors, but there are plans to extend this visa requirement to cover all roles applied for under Tier 2. But as you were not charged and convicted they will not appear as part of a criminal record. Please rate

I hope that this answered your question. Justanswer works on people giving ratings. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.