UK Immigration Law

Have UK immigration law questions? Get answers now.

Re: Work visa UAE from UK. I hold a British passport (uk…

Customer Question
Re: Work visa UAE from...
Re: Work visa UAE from UK.
I hold a British passport (uk citizen). I have a criminal record from two years ago, commited in the uk (common assault and criminal damage under £5,000).
I got offered a job to work in Dubai as a personal trainer. The future employer will supply the work visa.
Questions:
- Can I still apply for a visa to work in Dubai? If so, will the employer find out I have a criminal record?
- When my future employer apply for my work visa, will they ask me for a uk police check?
- Or is it, a simple answer, with a criminal record you can’t get a visa to work in Dubai?
I've rang up and emailed UAE Embassy London, but never got back to me.
Thanks
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
10/29/2017
Solicitor: frantzgregory, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
frantzgregory

Hello

As part of a visa process questions about criminality is fairly standard. I have known people with minor criminal records go without any questions asked.

Please can you also answer the following questions I've asked (I've copy and pasted below).1) ... will the employer find out I have a criminal record?
2) When my future employer apply for my work visa, will they ask me for a uk police check?Also, if my criminal record is spent, do I need to let the employer know about my past convictions?
P.S Would you direct to someone who could answer my questions, accurately and in more details? I've just noticed frantzgregory lawyer only have a 3 star notice. I need a law professional that can answer my questions, that it's not a guess or information I can find from forums. Thanks

OK. Good luck. I have 94.1% positive feedback. I don't know where you have seen 3 star rating.

Have you passed on to another professional?
Solicitor: INC, Solicitor-Advocate replied 9 months ago
INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
I do. I need accurate information, as I can’t find the answer online or through London UAE Embassy.
No answer yet?
Still no answer...