UK Immigration Law

Have UK Immigration Law Questions? Get Answers Now.

UK Immigration Law

Re: Work visa UAE from UK. I hold a British passport (uk

Customer Question
Re: Work visa UAE from...
Re: Work visa UAE from UK.
I hold a British passport (uk citizen). I have a criminal record from two years ago, commited in the uk (common assault and criminal damage under £5,000).
I got offered a job to work in Dubai as a personal trainer. The future employer will supply the work visa.
Questions:
- Can I still apply for a visa to work in Dubai? If so, will the employer find out I have a criminal record?
- When my future employer apply for my work visa, will they ask me for a uk police check?
- Or is it, a simple answer, with a criminal record you can’t get a visa to work in Dubai?
I've rang up and emailed UAE Embassy London, but never got back to me.
Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
10/29/2017
Solicitor: frantzgregory, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
frantzgregory

Hello

As part of a visa process questions about criminality is fairly standard. I have known people with minor criminal records go without any questions asked.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please can you also answer the following questions I've asked (I've copy and pasted below).1) ... will the employer find out I have a criminal record?
2) When my future employer apply for my work visa, will they ask me for a uk police check?Also, if my criminal record is spent, do I need to let the employer know about my past convictions?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
P.S Would you direct to someone who could answer my questions, accurately and in more details? I've just noticed frantzgregory lawyer only have a 3 star notice. I need a law professional that can answer my questions, that it's not a guess or information I can find from forums. Thanks

OK. Good luck. I have 94.1% positive feedback. I don't know where you have seen 3 star rating.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have you passed on to another professional?
Solicitor: INC, Solicitor-Advocate replied 1 month ago
INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do. I need accurate information, as I can’t find the answer online or through London UAE Embassy.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No answer yet?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still no answer...
INC
INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate