UK Immigration Law

Have UK Immigration Law Questions? Get Answers Now.

UK Immigration Law

I was born in the uk to non UK citizen parents in 1988. Mom

Customer Question
later received ILR and subsequently...
I was born in the uk to non UK citizen parents in 1988. Mom later received ILR and subsequently British citizenship. I never really thought much of my status until recently. We didn't really travel as money was a factor. I'm now sorting out the issue and realise I was not registered and as such cannot apply for passport directly. I would use the form T route unfortunately we had a fire wen I was 10 and the housing association property burned with most of our possessions. So proving 10 years residence from baby to 10 has been hard I have tried. My question. I have a job now no issue with fees can I use the FORM AN route? I can show my uk BC which I've got from the council and school degree tax records etc form 10 until now and don't mind the bloody life in uk test? Is this route available to me or is it only for non UK born individuals?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
P.s having looked at the form I was only concerned with residence requirement that you must not have been subject to immigration control Ergo I wondered if having never left the country since birth can I be considered an overstayer of sorts?
10/16/2017
Solicitor: frantzgregory, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
frantzgregory

Hello

On what basis did your mum obtain British citizenship and when?

Your company should be asking you for right to work documentation. I am surprised they haven't. If you were born in the UK and have not left the UK you would not be classed as an overstayer. If you left the UK at any time you would not be allowed back in. An adult can use form T. The form you should be filling is form T and not form AN. You would need to seek a face to face lawyer to deal with this if you are saying you do not have any documentation to prove residence since 10 years old.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why would my company ask questions? I always presented my birth certificate and national insurance card and anything else required. I have never left the country. I said I have all paperwork from secondary school onwards and then university and work since then. It's everything prior to that was lost in the fire. By the way I have the paperwork about the fire as it's a housing association property and they moved us. Mom got ILR after I was born. I believe it would have been around 8 at the time. I have submitted SAR but really struggling to pull together enough evidence pre 10 years old. This was why I asked if it is possible to use form AN as that requires only last 5 years which I can provide. I was just concerned if having lived here all my life I would be considered in breach of immigration rules or immigration time limit
Thomas
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor