UK Immigration Law

Have UK immigration law questions? Get answers now.

I have been in a relationship with a woman from Ukraine for…

Customer Question
Good evening I have...

Good evening I have been in a relationship with a woman from Ukraine for 2 and a half years I have been there several times 60 or 70 days in total

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

I am British. Sorry is this an American website

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet She has an 8 year old son She doesn't have permission from her ex to take him out the country

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She has filed for permission to deny the rights of the father He has been absent for around 5 years

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
10/11/2017
Solicitor: frantzgregory, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
frantzgregory

OK what is the nature of your question?

i have been in a relationship with a Ukrainian woman for 2 1/2 years. I have been to Ukraine 6 times and spent between 60 and 70 days in her company. she has an 8 year old son but does not have permission from her ex to take him out the country. he has been absent for around 5 years and has never paid a penny in maintenance. they were never married but his name is ***** ***** birth certificate. she started action through courts to deny him parental rights. This was about 7 months ago. What are her chances of obtaining a tourist visa to visit me, with her son, for a short vacation. She is a self employed beautician who works for cash so she has no record of tax.

She is unlikely to be granted a visitor's visa for a number of reasons.

1. She is self employed with limited or no ties to guarantee she will be returning back

2. She is currently in a custody battle with the child's father

3. She does not have permission to take her child out of the jurisdiction

4. She has formed a relationship with a British citizen and therefore more likely in light of her current court battle no reason to go back

5. She has limited or no funds indicted to support her visit to the UK

6. She has indicated no family ties or relevant connections to her home country.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.