UK Immigration Law

Have UK immigration law questions? Get answers now.

I am applying for a tier 4 student visa and want to ensure…

Customer Question
Hello- I am applying...

Hello- I am applying for a tier 4 student visa and want to ensure that I disclose any pertinent traffic violations if needed. I received a traffic trespassing ticket a year ago that has since been expunged from my records, does this need to be declared?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I will be submitting my Tier 4 Student Visa application momentarily, so I guess pending?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not regarding the application, no. I did however have a lawyer work to expunge my traffic trespassing violation here in the United States (where I received the ticket)

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
My violation was a traffic trespassing misdemeanor in the United States. It has since been expunged from my record but I want to ensure I list it appropriately on my Tier 4 Student PBS application, if it needs to be listed at all.
9/15/2017
Solicitor: frantzgregory, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
frantzgregory

As the American criminal justice system is different from the UK, I would suggest in your application to mention it and include all the evidence that it has been expunged so that the HO can make a determination. In the UK traffic speeding tickets offences arent discloseable unless as a result there was a court order.

Please can you rate? I don't get paid if you forget to rate

Solicitor: frantzgregory, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.