How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 6423
Experience:  20 years proefessional experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have indefinite leave to remain in UK stamp in my

Customer Question

I have indefinite leave to remain in UK stamp in my passport. The Indefinite Leave to Remain is valid. I live in Liberia in West Africa. I went to South Africa and was attacked by armed robbers. All my personal belongings were stolen including my passport, which contains my indefinite leave to remain in UK. How can I go to UK? kindly advise me.
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: This is UK visa so do I need to tell USCIS?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just to know how I can go to UK. Someone said to me I have to go for UK Entry Clarence visa from Ghana but it will take longer time so what can I do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

ECB17.2 Replacing a visa (or leave) states that:

if you have your passport and visa stolen, UK will issue a replacement visa (or leave) leave and the full fee is required. If you apply for a replacement visa (or leave) you will need to provide them with a police report or other evidence that satisfactorily establishes that the passport is no longer in your possession. This also applies if an applicant had 'leave to remain' granted in the UK and is now applying to have it replaced overseas.

See this link for more details on what to do next.

Please Note:

(1) This information is for educational purposes only and it may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. It is not guaranteed to be correct or complete and you should not act or fail to act based on this information alone. This and all other Just Answer disclaimers also apply to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating. Thank you for using Just Answer.