MR-FA
MR-FA, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Solicitor
97719315

I WISH TO APPLY THROUGH THE 10 YEAR RESIDENCY ROUTE FOR

I WISH TO APPLY THROUGH THE 10 YEAR RESIDENCY ROUTE FOR INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN IN UK. BUT I HAD 186 CONSECUTIVE DAYS ABSCENCE FROM THE UK IN 2012. ALTHOUGH AS PER THE RULE NO MORE THAN 180 DAYS ABSENCE IS ALLOWED, BUT MY ABSENCE WAS DUE TO MY WORK FROM MY WORK PERMIT SPONSOR. I WAS OUT FOR AN INTERNATIONAL ASSIGNMENT WHICH WAS PART OF THE JOB I HAD MY BRITISH WORK VISA FOR. I HAVE A LETTER FROM MY THEN EMPLOYER TO VERIFY THAT.
NOTE, MY HUSBAND IS SETTLED IN UK (ILR) AND MY DAUGHTER IS BRITISH CITIZEN. ALSO I OWN A HOUSE AND HAVE A JOINT MORTGAGE FOR THAT WITH MY HUSBAND. I HENCE WISH TO SETTLE IN THE UK.
PLEASE ADVISE ABOUT THE LIKELIHOOD OF MY ILR APPLICATION BEING APPROVED.

Just explain the situation and provide a letter from the company. Also explain the nature of work you do and the details of assignment undertaken.

I think that you have merits in your claim and the case-worker should allow your application.

Regards

F-A

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your advise. Because the ILR application approval relies on the case worker's discretion, if its not approved and I have to make an appeal in the court, will my family and residence circumstances strengthen my case?
Or will my appeal not stand much ground because I simply do not fulfill the less than 180 days absence requirement?