UK Immigration Law

Have UK immigration law questions? Get answers now.

My daughters partner of 8 years has applied for leave to…

Customer Question
My daughters partner of...

My daughters partner of 8 years has applied for leave to remain after failing to properly regularise his immigration papers and being detained. he has been on bail release at our family home for seven months awaiting a decision. my daughter is recovering from encephalitis and cannot travel due the the severity of her condition which is a long term illness. the person concerned has now been asked to attend the home office for service of the decision after having given biometric data several weeks ago. he has been given seven days to confirm that he will attend. does this mean they intend to detain and deport him from this meeting?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

This is uk leave to remain case

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes, a lawyer has been adhering the case and has had a meeting today with the person concerned today stating that they have never known this type of response before and are 'worried' which has of course worried my daughter excessively as her partner is also her carer due to the disabilities cased by her illness.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i don't think so at this stage

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
3/24/2017
Solicitor: INC, Solicitor-Advocate replied 1 year ago
INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate

Do the home office hold his travel documents?

Can you tell me anything further about the request to attend?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they have his passport. The letter was sent to his current solicitor. It asks him to attend a different centre to where he signs and says there is no space at this office for any family or friends. The centre is Eaton House in Hounslow. Date 5th April at 1.00pm. & days to respond (he responded that he would attend at his current solicitors advice) and a sentence on the back of the letter that states if fails to attend further action will be taken. I called the home offie myself just after Christmas when he had waited 6 months for an answer and after that call he was sent a letter stating that the case has Human Rights issues as my daughter is recovering from a very serious illness and he is her carer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If they are going to refuse him I can guarantee that he will return home immediately as his previous stay in detention was nothing short of in humane treatment. My daughter is in an extremely distressed state. If he goes to Hounslow and is taken he will disappear into detention without her being able to say goodbye. If he flies home voluntarily they will be able to make proper farewells. As she is so ill and has letters from neurological consultants to support her this treatment in itself is also inhumane. Do you know what can be done. The person's solicitor seems at a loss and has actually stated that she is frightened about what is about to happen.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I please need an answer on this asap.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.